The SDC Côte-des-Neiges is looking for a communication & promotion agent!
Job status: Contractual – 10 weeks
Work schedule: 20 hours per week. Day, evening and weekend availability as needed.
Start date : June 29, 2020
Are you a student and would you like to obtain concrete and stimulating work experience in communications and promotion? SDC Côte-des-Neiges is looking for a Communication & Promotion Agent to join its team for a ten-week position! Your role within the SDC Côte-des-Neiges will be to assist the General management and our team for all needs relating to communications, promotion, marketing and various projects undertaken both in the field and online.
• You’re a natural with customer relations and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• You are a versatile, energetic and bilingual;
• You have a great sense of initiative and an interest in project management;
• You have an interest in municipal projects – whether they are linked to city planning or the development of commercial streets;
• You demonstrate collaboration, a strong team spirit and a good ability to work on several files simultaneously.
• Assist the General director in various administrative and development tasks;
• Assist the communications and marketing manager in various tasks related to the animation of social networks, communications and marketing;
• Assist the member services manager in projects relating to member businesses and businesses;
• Create and update reports related to the actions of the SDC Côte-des-Neiges;
• Create templates;
• Research and analyze data;
• Animation of activities on the territory;
• Information watch;
• Creation of surveys;
• Other related tasks.
• Good knowledge of the Office Suite including Excel and Power Point;
• Knowledge of social media;
• Excellent writing skills in French and English;
• The person must be able to move around Côte-des-Neiges easily and will work in our office, in the field and from home;
• Bilingual (French and English) written and spoken;
• You must be able to transport equipment;
• A driver’s license is a plus.
• $ 14 / hour
• 20 hrs / week
• Main position during the day week (occasional work on evenings and weekends if needed)
• The position requires to be present on the territory, outside and at the office, and will be practiced from time to time by telecommuting.
• About 6 months to 1 year of experience in the communications industry or other related field;
• You must be under the age of 30: the position is made possible thanks to the support of Canada Summer Jobs, which provides young people with stimulating first work experiences.
ABOUT THE SDC CÔTE-DES-NEIGES
The mission of the commercial development company (SDC) Côte-des-Neiges is to promote outreach and stimulate the commercial dynamism of the SDC territory in order to contribute to the economic development of the neighborhood in collaboration with local partners.
SDC Côte-des-Neiges, a non-profit organization created in 2018, brings together 230 traders and professionals. Its territory covers the Côte-des-Neiges road between the Côte-Ste-Catherine road and the rue du Frère-André, including the commercial sectors of Gatineau, Lacombe and Swail avenues.
The SDC sees the fulfillment of its mission by animating the district, as well as by developing structuring and innovative projects and events for the district, traders, professionals, visitors and residents. In addition to providing relevant services to businesses and professionals members of the SDC.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION INCLUDING CV AND MOTIVATION LETTER TO: